A person is to face 38 charges related to alleged horse neglect, the New South Wales RSPCA says.
The charity yesterday served a Candelo horse owner with 38 court attendance notices under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act.
The action follow an ongoing investigation into the welfare of horses in the Candelo area, southwest of Bega.
The person will face:
- Ten charges of failing to provide veterinary treatment to horses.
- Seven charges of failing to provide proper and sufficient food to horses.
- Five charges of failing to provide proper and sufficient drink to horses.
- Twelve charges of failing to provide proper and sufficient shelter to horses.
- Three charges of failing to exercise reasonable care to prevent the commission of an act of cruelty upon the horses.
- One charge of allegedly failing to alleviate pain.
The New South Wales RSPCA has seized several horses from properties in Candelo as part of its investigation.
The seized horses are currently undergoing veterinary assessment and treatment.
The case is to be called in the Bega Local Court on September 10.