Up to 18 horses in Canada have perished in a major stable fire in Langley, British Columbia.
The Langley Township fire department responded to the call mid-afternoon on Sunday, sending firefighters to the property at 224th Street, near 40th Avenue.
Fire crews found the wooden and steel barn well alight. It took firefighters two hours to get the blaze under control.
Two people from a nearby barn required treatment for smoke inhalation.
More than 40 firefighters were fighting the blaze at its height.
The property is home to the All Seasons Mushroom Farm. It is understood the stable was leased out and was being used for the training and housing of standardbreds. The property also has a training track.
The cause of the fire is still being determined.