Jump Canada has named its team of five horses and riders who will represent Canada at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games,which get under way in Normandy, France, on August 23.
The jumping competition starts on September 2 with a speed event, followed the next day by the team qualifier, and the first individual qualifier. The team final is on September 4, and the individual final “The Final Four” on on September 7.
Named to Canada’s team in alphabetical order are:
(Rider / Home Town / Horse / Owner)
- Yann Candele / Caledon, ON / Showgirl / Watermark Group
- Tiffany Foster / Schomberg, ON / Verdi III / Artisan Farms, LLC
- Eric Lamaze / Schomberg, ON / Zigali P S / Artisan Farms, LLC
- Ian Millar / Perth, ON / Dixson / Susan and Ariel Grange
- Chris Sorensen / Caledon, ON / Bobby / Chris Sorensen and Britland Hughes
Supporting the team at Normandy is chef d’équipe Mark Laskin, veterinarian Dr Sylvie Surprenant, team manager Karen Hendry-Ouellette, and stable manager Darren Roberts.