The horse and rider combinations to represent the United States in dressage and para-dressage t the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games have been named.
The dressage team named by the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) comprises four horse-and-athlete combinations, with two combinations named as substitutes.
The selected four for the dressage team are, in alphabetical order:
- Laura Graves (Geneva, Fla.) and her own Verdades (2002 Dutch Warmblood gelding)
- Tina Konyot (Palm City, Fla.) and her own Calecto V (1998 Danish Warmblood stallion)
- Adrienne Lyle (Ketchum, Idaho) and Peggy Thomas’ Wizard (1999 Oldenburg gelding)
- Steffen Peters (San Diego, Calif.) and Four Winds Farm’s Legolas 92 (2002 Westphalian gelding)
The substitutes, in ranked order, are:
- Shelly Francis (Loxahatchee, Fla.) and Patricia Stempel’s Doktor (2003 Oldenburg gelding)
- Lisa Wilcox (Loxahatchee, Fla.) and Betty Wells’ Denzello (2003 Hanoverian gelding)
Following the US National Championships and Selection Trial in Gladstone, New Jersey, in June, the top eight horses traveled to Europe to compete in CDI competitions.
These included Mandatory Outings at CDI4* Fritzens and CHIO Aachen. As part of the selection process in the naming of the Team the performances of all combinations were taken into consideration.
It was felt that with just six months of competing at the Grand Prix level it was too soon to ask the talented combination of Caroline Roffman and her 11-year-old Hanoverian mare, Her Highness O, to contend with the World Championship atmosphere of the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
• Five para-equestrian combinations have been named to represent the US at the Games, with four combinations making up the team, and one to compete as an individual.
The selected combinations are, in alphabetical order:
- Sydney Collier (Ann Arbor, Mich.) and Victoria Dugan’s Willi Wesley (2000 Warmblood gelding)
- Rebecca Hart (Unionville, Pa.) and her own Schroeter’s Romani (2003 Danish Warmblood mare)
- Angela Peavy (Avon, Conn.) and Rebecca Reno’s Ozzy Cooper (2006 Trakehner gelding)
- Susan Treabess (Winters, Calif.) and Kathryn Hill’s Kamiakin (2005 PRE stallion)
- Roxanne Trunnell (Rowlett, Texas) and her own Nice Touch (1995 Dutch Warmblood mare)